- ERP System: Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft
- MarkView Version: All Version of MarkView Fax.
- When performing an outbound fax, I recieve the following error: Brooktrout No Loop Current Error (BChannel1). What does this error mean?
- The Brooktrout No Loop error that you are seeing typically means that there is no dial tone detected when the Fax Server tries to dial. This could be caused by a dead phone line, the phone line being configured incorrectly, etc., usually related to a telecom issue.
To further diagnose this behavior, you can try a few of the normal troubleshooting steps that would be done for typical telecom issues, listed here below:
- Can you plug a phone line in and ensure that you receive a dial tone?
- Can you successfully dial an external/internal number from that phone line you just plugged in?
- Assuming there are more than one dedicated phone line that is connected within the hunt group, can you try and disable Line 1 for outbound and use Line 2 and see if that succeeds? This can be configured within the MarkView Fax Preferences by configuring each line separately and deciding whether or not to use that line for inbound/outbound faxing.Steps to take to resolve the issue.
Keywords: No Loop, Brooktrout, Current Error, BChannel1