- ERP System : Oracle, Peoplesoft, SAP
- MarkView Version: 5.5 and higher
Intermittently faxes are not received with an error similiar to the following:
Error 55 receiving fax from Error:Brooktrout MMR Compression Error. The received fax was not properly compressed, and was only partially received. (BChannel2) JobFile:C:\Program F
- This error can occur as a result of poor fax line quality, dropped connections or incorrectly compressed fax machines.
- These errors can occur more frequently when running analog over IP lines (VOIP).
Please note these errors do not indicate an issue with MarkView Fax Server but can occur as a result of poor fax line quality or the sending fax machine not following standard fax protocols.
Disabling V.34 can reduce the number of times this error occurs.
To disable V.34 please follow these steps:
- Stop the MarkView Fax Services
- Launch the BrookTrout Config Tool (Advanced Mode)
- Click on BTCall Parameters in the left window pane.
- On the right window scroll down until you see V.34 Enable Send Call Indicator.
- Change the Following options to disabled:
- V.34 Enabled Send Call Indicator
- V.34 High Speed Control Signaling
- V.34 Modulation Capability
- Click the Save and Apply buttons.
- Start the MarkView Fax Services
Keywords: 55, brook-trout