Why do I receive an error from MarkView File Capture when I send a PDF attachment using the Email option from within Adobe Acrobat Reader?
- ERP System: Oracle, SAP
- MarkView Version (Oracle): MarkView 5.0 to 5.10.x, MarkView 6.2 and higher
- MarkVIew Version (SAP): MarkView 6.1 and higher
- When emailing PDF Files directly from Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader the file is not processed by MarkView File Capture and the following error appears in the mvfilecapture.log file.
This message does not contain any attachments.
- When sending an email using the "Email" option directly from Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, the email is created using a non-standard header which can not be read by MarkView File Capture.
Although this is an issue with the email format used by Adobe Acrobat our Product Development Engineering is investigating this issue through internal DefectID: 30874. In the meantime one of the following two workarounds can be implemented to prevent this issue from occurring.
- Rather than emailing the document directly from Acrobat, save the file first and then send the PDF file as an attachment.
- After opening the document in Adobe Acrobat Reader, or creating the PDF file through Adobe Acrobat save the PDF file to your computer using the standard File -> Save option
- Once the file has been saved open your email application (such as Outlook) and create a new email.
- Add the file you saved in step 1 as an attachment to the email.
- Send the email to the MarkView File Capture Email Address.
- By forwarding the original email created using Acrobat to another email address the issue does not occur. For example the following steps could be taken.