- ERP System: ( Oracle, SAP )
- MarkView Version: (All Versions with Markview Filecapture installed
I would like to configure load balancing with more than one cluster in an OAS environment with Markview File Capture installed. I need to know the steps and restrictions for this.
While every customer may configure a clustered environment based on their needs, there are some considerations with regard to MarkView File Capture that need to be understood.
Please follow these steps to set up Load Balancing with more than one cluster in an OAS environment with Markview File Capture installed.
- Before beginning the installation, ensure that clustering has been correctly configured and all nodes are aware of each other. Correct cluster configuration can be verified by executing the following OAS command on each node within the cluster:
Copmnctl @cluster status
Execution of the above command will detail the status of each node within the cluster. By executing this command on each node, you can verify that each node within the cluster has visibility to every other node within the cluster. For example, if there are 2 nodes in the cluster, execution of this command on both nodes will provide the status of each of the nodes in the cluster (itself and the other node).
Do not proceed until each node in the cluster has been properly configured to show the status of all other nodes in the cluster.
- All pre-installation steps must be performed on all nodes in the cluster. The creation of users is the only exception to this requirement, which must only be performed on the primary node in the cluster.
- The OC4J group names used to deploy MarkView must have the same names on all nodes in the cluster.
- Activate MarkView File Capture on only only one of the nodes in the cluster. This node will be known as the primary node in the cluster.
- For all remaining nodes in the cluster, do not enable MarkView File Capture.
Keywords: mvfc, filecapture