- ERP System: ( Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft)
- MarkView Version: (All versions 6.5 and below.)
- I am getting this known error in the control window progress bar when trying to launch an image with the MarkView Viewer Enterprise Edition.
MarkView Viewer Enterprise - Load: class markview.viewer.mvApplet not found error in MarkView Viewer Enterprise Edition Load: class markview.viewer.mvApplet not found
In the java console is the following: load: class markview.viewer.MvApplet not found. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.net.UnknownHostException: appserver at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source) at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source) ... at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source) at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
- The error seems to indicate an inablity to locate the host "appserver."
- You should attempt to contact that server from the same workstation by using "ping appserver" which should presumably fail. If so, then try "ping appserver.domain.com" for the appropriate domain to see if this succeeds. The command "nslookup <server>" can also be used with both names to see how the PC is configured with respect to DNS and domains.
- This server referenced in the MarkView preference WEBCLNT_APP_SVR_URL and appserver does not have the fully-qualified server and domain. Try updating the preference with the fully-qualified server name, restart the -MarkView Application Server Viewer Module-, and try to view the image again.
Keywords: MarkView Viewer Enterprise Edition, mvApplet, UnknownHostException, domain, server name, fully-qualified, ping, hostname, application server, MVAS, VM, viewer module, webclnt_app_svr_url