ERP System: Peoplesoft MarkView Version: 5.9x
Steps to enable the MarkView Viewer Enterprise Edition to run with IE8 when running MarkView 5.9.x for PeopleSoft.
- Set preference WEBCLNT_PLUGIN_TYPE = Java
- Add weblogic.jar to the MVEE deployment:
- Quit out of MVEE client and make sure all MVEE java processes have been killed on the client.
- Log into machine with Web Logic installation
- Copy this file to central location: [WL_HOME]/server/lib/weblogic.jar
- Rename weblogic.jar to wlclient.jar
- Replace the existing wlclient.jar in your MVEE jar cache directory with this new one Ensure preference WEBCLNT_APP_SVR_URL is changed from IIOP to T3
- Express Viewer does not require any configuration changes.
- The following is NOT supported:
- IE8 on C&O servers and scan station
- Viewer EE OCX plug-in with IE8.
While it is always best to search the Knowledgebase for the particular patch/update etc. that you are applying, some of the known issues are listed in this section.
- When launching a document from Working Folder (using Viewer EE) and then launching a document from MarkView Home, a second control window was displayed but the Viewer did properly change documents.
- When using MarkView Web Folder to manually upload an Excel document, the upload succeeded but document would not display properly. Other document formats such as PDF and TXT worked correctly.
Keywords: Internet Explorer