- ERP System: Oracle, SAP
- MarkView Version: 6.x and Below
Please note: This version of the Support Diagnostic Tools is specifically designed for MarkView 5.x and 6.x. If you are running a version of MarkView other than 5.x or 6.x please review the Support Tools section of the Quick Links Article to find the appropriate version of the Support Tools for your environment: MarkView Quick Links
- Technical Support Diagnostic Tools - Installation and Functionality Information
These tools are designed to:
- Reduce the need to maintain and run scripts and queries
- Reduce the need for direct DB access
- Facilitate your ability to:
- Administer and support their MarkView System
- Diagnose and resolve MarkView issues
- Gather and send important files and important information to Kofax Technical Support
- Implement workarounds and short term solutions to keep your MarkView system running
These tools are easy to install and will be embedded into your MarkView Home.
- Once installed, members of the specified User Group will have access to a new Support Tab from the MarkView Home that will bring you to the Support Home page.
From that page, you will have access to the following:
- Gather Data
- WorkItem History: Search for location and details of a single WorkItem.
- Document Search: Search for location and details of a single Document.
- Invoice Search: Search for Invoice Details and links to attached workitems.
- Expense Report Search: Search for WorkItems related to an Expense Report Header ID.
- SSI Request Search: Search for WorkItems related to an SSI Request ID.
- SQL Query Tool: Execute and view results of simple database queries.
- MarkView Preferences: View/Save MarkView Preferences.
- User Data
- User Role and Group Search: View/Save a user's MarkView roles/groups.
- User Responsibility Role Search: View/Save a user's Oracle responsibilities and MarkView roles/groups.
- Alternate User History: View/Save MarkView Alternate User History.
- User Synchronization: Synchronize a specific user.
- Hierarchy/Approval Limit Check: Check user hierarchy supervisor and approval limit.
- Set Owner And Reroute: Set OwnerUserID/PreviousUserID and Reroute items in the Workflow Administration queue.
- Version & Source Details
- Version Information: View current version of MarkView Database Objects and get TRS information.
- Custom Source Code: Search for and view source of custom packages.
- Source Code Search: Search source code for specific text.
- Search Message Strings: Search message strings in any language. English translations of I18N messages displayed.
- Capture & Output Administration
- Export Request Admin: View and modify pending Export Requests.
- Fax Request Admin: View and modify pending Fax Requests.
- Print Request Admin: View and modify pending Print Requests.
- BarCode Request Admin: View and modify pending Bar Code Requests.
- Pending Email Admin: View and modify pending email notifications.
- DB Sessions: Display details for sessions currently connected to the current schema.
- Managers, Jobs, Events
- MarkView System Status: View MarkView System Status Screen.
- Event Alert Admin: View pending events in SF_EVENT_ALERT table.
- Process Manager DBMS Job Admin: Stop/Start DBMS Jobs and view log files.
- Events: View Event details and the managers they are assigned to.
- Approval Check Admin: Enable admin user to alert the ApprovalCheck for all or one item.
- Recycle Admin: Enable admin user recycle a workitem or an entire batch.
- Performance Information: Event processing times, Stats information, etc.
- Explain Plan: Generate an explain plan for a query.
- Working Folder Count: Get count of items in users working folders.
- Trace Web Inbox: Time and Trace users Web Inbox. Click here to email link to user.
- Trace Get Next: Time and Trace WorkItem Retrieval.
- Trace Detail Sections: Time and Trace MarkView Express Detail Sections.
- MarkView Connector (if installed) - Note: This functionality may not be compatible with the latest Professional Services solution for Connector.
- Connector Export Admin: View/Admin Pending Connector Export requests and view processed requests.
- Connector Review Detail Report: View all of the validation failures for a workitem in the Connector Review queue
- MarkView Connector Reporting Tool: Gather data on Connector workitems by date or Document ID.
- Gather Data
The attached zip file contains the latest version of the diagnostic tools as well as information regarding the following items:
- Minimum software version requirements
- Installation instructions
- Upgrade instructions
- Roll back instructions
- Detailed release notes
MarkView Database Objects Version 5.5 or higher
Ensure MarkView User has DB privilege to: create materialized view
- Open SQLPlus (on a Windows machine) session and connect to the MarkView Schema
- Set the folder containing these files as the current directory and run: Install_Support_Tools.sql
- You will be prompted for the User Group Name you wish to enable access to these tools. Enter the Group Name (e.g. Kofax MODULE ADMINISTRATOR) and hit Enter
- Simply install per instructions above.
- Open SQLPlus session (from a windows machine) and connect to the MarkView Schema
- Set the folder containing these files as the current directory and type @Uninstall_Support_Tools.sql
Please note that we are always updating and enhancing these tools and therefore we welcome your feedback.
If you encounter any errors, please log a Case in the Kofax Customer Portal.