- MarkView Version: 8.0 and Higher
- Analytics for MarkView Version: All
- ERP System: Oracle
- Insight Version: 5.4
- Intermittently the DataLoad process may fail with a Session Expired error message. The error which appears in the InsightServer_WinApp.log file is similar to the following:
- System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: Session expired. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is: AltoSoft.Insight.Common.UnknownSessionException: Session expired.
- This issue can occur due to default recycling (clearing of sessions) conditions implemented in the IIS Web Server. The default recycling condition for an Application Pool on IIS is 1740 minutes (29 hours). If a scheduled DataLoad and the recycling condition coincide then this error can occur as IIS is clearing the session.
- In order to prevent this issue from occurring the recycling conditions for the IIS Application Pools on your IIS Server can be updated by specifying an exact time instead of an interval. Ensure that this exact time does not conflict with your DataLoad schedule.
- The following link provides information about Recycling settings on IIS:
Keywords: session expired