- Kofax Analytics for MarkView 1.1
- Attempting to change the password for the KAMV_ADMIN schema via the Insight Installation Manager fails.
- The following error is recorded in the WcfDataService.log file:
ERROR WcfDataService.Code.InsightService.LoginProvider - Couldn't compare passwords. System.InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
- Changing the KAMV_ADMIN password requires an MD5 hash comparison with the current Connection String.
- However, MD5 encryption is not compatible with the FIPS algorithms used in Windows.
- From the Start menu on that machine, elect "Control Panel" -> "Administrative tools" -> "Local Security Policy".
- In the "Local Security Policy" window, expand "Local Policies".
- Select "Security Options"
- Open the "System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing" policy
- Set the policy to "Disabled"
- Apply the policy