- ERP System: Oracle
- MarkView Version: MarkView 4.8,
- Slow performance when trying to place a DFM markup.
- Version 4.8 and 5.0 of the MarkView Distribution Form Markup (DFM) included incorrect hinting of a query that checks for existing DFMs on the document. This hint caused a full table scan of MV_MARKUP_OBJECT, which negatively impacts performance
Kofax has created the following patches to fix this problem:
- MarkView Distribution Form Markup Patch 184.108.40.206 fixes this bug for the MarkView 4.8 release.
- MarkView Distribution Form Markup Patch 220.127.116.11 fixes this bug for the MarkView 5.0 release.
We have attached both of these patches (and installation instructions) to this Answer.
If your site is running MarkView version 4.8 or 5.0 and uses the MarkView Distribution Form Markup, please treat this patch as a high priority, and apply it at your earliest convenience. Before applying the patch, please log an incident with Kofax Technical Support.
Keywords: DFM, full table scan, MVOA_DFM_VALIDATE, performance, form, markup, distributions, form markup