- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: ALL
What do you have to do to automatically delete cookies in IE8?
The main purpose of a cookie is to identify users and possibly prepare customized Web pages or to save site login information for you. Browsers cache (store) cookies to prevent having to authenticate again.
Clearing the cookies will force a fresh authentication when opening the same page again.
- Step 1. Launch Internet Explorer
- Step 2. In the list of menus at the top, click Tools -> the in the dropdown menu that appears click Internet Options.
- Step 3. In the Browsing History section check the box next to Delete browsing history on exit.
- Step 4. Click Delete… - > Leave only the box next to Cookies checked -> click Delete to delete cookies right now or click Cancel to have them deleted when you close IE8. The purpose here is to instruct IE8 to only delete cookies on exit.
- Step 5. Click Apply -> click OK and you’re done. The next time you shut down IE8, it will automatically delete all the cookies it stored locally.
If at any time you decide to undo this automatic way of deleting cookies in IE8, follow the steps below:
- Step 1. Launch Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options
- Step 2. Uncheck the box next to Delete browsing history on exit -> click Apply -> click Ok and you’re done.