MarkView Process Manager DBMS Job Broken
Article # 303993 - Page views: 187
- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: All
- The number of Pending Events reported in MarkView System Status is increasing.
- On MarkView Home -> Support -> MarkView System Status.
- A DBMS Job that is normally running is now broken
- On MarkView Home -> Support -> Database Job Administration the last run is different from expected
- The ‘Broken’ column is set to ‘Yes’
- The Non-Production environment has the job running
- An event failed to be executed a number of times
- There was an error affecting the Application Server or Database causing the job to fail
- Open a MarkView Support case in the Kofax Portal
- Then mention you are following this article
- Once the case is created then attach the information to speed up troubleshooting the issue
- Identify the broken DBMS Job in MarkView Home -> Support -> Database Job Administration
- Click on ‘Save to File’ and attach the output to the case
- Scroll to the right an click on click on the log name (in the 'LogFileName' column) which will open the log
- Save the content of the file in a text editor and attach it to the case
- Identify the event that it is failing.
- The failing event will normally yield an error message; and there will be a number of attempts to run the event
- The error message will probably include and ORA-0XXXX reference
- (i.e. ORA-01403: no data found)
- Back up the failing event
- Go to MarkView Home -> Support -> Event Alert Admin
- Confirm the job is present as a Pending Event
- Paste the event EventOccurrenceID on the box in the 'SF_Event_Alert Admin Options (by Event Occurrence ID)' line
- Ensure the Drop-Down displays 'Backup Event' and click on Execute
Note: You can re-submit the job if needed at a later stage from this screen (just change the LoV value to ‘Resubmit Event’
- Re-Start the broken job from MarkView Home -> Support -> Database Job Administration
- See if the number of pending events is going up and down on MarkView Home -> Support -> MarkView System Status
- Confirm if the pending events are changing on Home -> Support -> Event Alert Admin
- Confirm the previously broken job is running after a few minutes
- Trace the problematic Rule
- Identify the Rule that fails.
- The event identified as causing the problem will have line indicating the rule instance(i.e. Firing Rule Instance: XXX)
- Then identify the rule related to the instance using the query below (where XXX is the value reported in the line above)
- select t.* from sf_rule_instance i, sf_rule_type t where i.rule_type_id = t.rule_type_id and i.rule_instance_id = XXX;
- Extact the source code for the Rule
- On MarkView Home -> Support -> Source Code Search... by searching on the Rule_Procedure_name (SF_RULE_RTXXX) from the query output.
- Then please save the rule and attach it to the case.
Keywords: ORA-01403: no data found, ORA-01403, no data found