- Does Kofax MarkView support running sql or a script to make direct updates or changes to work items in workflows?
- Updating the owner (owner user id).
- Updating the user who retrieved the work item (retrieving user id).
- Routing a work item to another queue in the workflow.
- Kofax does not support running sql or database scripts to update work items or to route items through workflows.
- The only supported method would be sql or a script provided specifically by a Kofax Support Analyst to resolve a specific incident or case.
- Unauthorized use of such routing scripts or sql are the same as direct updates to the database and are not supported.
- Such scripts can bypass the business processes, creating an opportunity for circumventing business controls and audit procedures, leading to problems elsewhere in the workflow.
- In general, customers should resolve workflow issues by using the application interface provided, such as using a 'Route To Previous' markup or other standard user-interface, including Support Tools.
- In rare circumstances when the application interface cannot resolve the issue, customers should log an incident with Kofax Technical Support for further analysis.