- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: All
- We have created a series of FAQs to help you support your end user community. This Answer contains FAQs related to general Accounts Payable questions.
- The invoice must be paid immediately. Is there a way to expedite processing of the item through the workflow?
- If available, place one or more Increase Priority Markups so that the invoice will move higher in the queue and be retrieved for processing sooner than an invoice with normal priority.
- Alternatively, if the invoice has not been scanned into the system yet, you can enter the record into Oracle without an attachment and then scan in the invoice as a Previously Entered Invoice to be attached to the Oracle record after the invoice has been paid.
- At what point is the invoice held for payment?
- Is there any way to release the invoice to be paid if it is still in the workflow?
- As soon as a work item is scanned into MarkView and routed to the appropriate workflow, the system automatically places a "MarkView Hold" on the invoice.
- This hold prevents the invoice from being released into Oracle to be paid until all required workflow processing has taken place.
- As soon as all Oracle holds are released and the MarkView Verify AP Process Complete process is run, the MarkView Hold is released and the invoice may be paid in Oracle.
- Can I release the MarkView Hold manually to expedite payment?
- The MarkView Hold is required to process the invoice correctly through the workflow.
- The only condition in which you may manually release the MarkView Hold is if the invoice must be cancelled, and Oracle will not allow you to cancel an invoice containing holds.
- When I click the Get Next button it says "The currently viewed image has not been associated. Continue?" What does this mean?
- If you have retrieved an invoice into your Working Folder but have not attached the invoice to a record in Oracle, the system will display this message before it opens up a new image for you to process.
- It may mean that you clicked multiple times on the "Get Next" button without processing the first image.
- Alternatively, there may be cases in which you do not wish to attach the image to a record, such as in "Exception Handling" conditions (e.g. Recycle Requested, Rescan Requested), where it is not possible to associate the image to a record.
- If you do not wish to retrieve a second image, you may click "No" on the error message.
- You may click "Yes" to continue if you are aware that the image has intentionally not been attached to a record.
- I am going on vacation and don't want invoices to pile up in my Working Folder while I am away
- What can I do?
- You or your supervisor may use the Alternate User Assignment tool to temporarily route the invoices in your Working Folder to another user for a specified period of time while you are away
- If you have access to Alternate User Assignment, it is available under the Utilities tab in MarkView Home.
- You may need to have a System Administrator set your Alternate User for you if your company has not allowed self-service access to this utility.
- Someone is unexpectedly out of the office and has invoices in his/her Working Folder and/or Web Inbox.
- Is there a way to get these invoices out of there?
- A Supervisor or System Administrator may use the Alternate User Assignment tool to temporarily reassign all of the items in this individual's Working Folder/Web Inbox to another user.
- When I click the Get Next button, I only retrieve one type of invoice. I am assigned multiple invoice types.
- Is there a way to regulate what I retrieve?
- Utilize the User Role Select form to select the invoice entry queues you want to retrieve invoices from.
- To access the User Role Select form, go to the Navigator in Oracle and select Role Select from the Kofax Workflow menu.
- How do I retrieve work items from non-invoice entry queues?
- Click the Pending button in your Working Folder to select the queue from which you want to retrieve items.
- Alternatively, click the Get Next button in your Working Folder to allow the system to choose your next highest priority item, defined as the oldest work item across all of the non-invoice entry queues to which you have access.
- I clicked the Get Next button multiple times to get to the invoice I was looking for, and now I have invoices in my Working Folder that I don't want to process.
- Is there any way to un-retrieve these items?
- Items in your Working Folder are yours and yours alone. These invoices will need to be processed appropriately and moved on in the workflow in order to remove them from your Working Folder.
- I entered the invoice in Oracle and placed the appropriate Markup in the MarkView Viewer.
- Why is the invoice still in my Working Folder?
- Verify that the Markup has been saved in the MarkView Viewer (the save icon should be grayed out).
- Ensure that your Working Folder has been refreshed by either closing and re-opening the Working Folder, or pressing Ctrl + F11 to re- query it.