- ERP System: Oracle, SAP
- MarkView Version: 6.x and 7.x
- If you are running MarkView version 8.0 or higher the Migration Utility is now included directly in the product. Please review the 'Migrating Environments' appendix in the MarkView Installation Guide for your version of MarkView. Documentation can be found in the Product Documentation article. Do NOT use this article as this only applies to MarkView 6.x and 7.x. Please refer to the following article for additional details regarding migrating when you have Kofax Capture stored in Oracle: Migrating when using an Oracle Capture DB
All customers periodically take a copy of their Production MarkView Database and migrate the database to a non-production environment. This gives customers an environment for testing new functionality, training new users, or reproducing issues which may be encountered in a Production environment.
In general there are two scenarios a customer will encounter when migrating a Non-Production environment.
Scenario 1 - Migrating a Production environment to an existing Non-Production environment.
This scenario is used by customers who have an existing, working Non-Production environment including the MarkView Application Server. In this scenario customers are simply looking to refresh the database with a more recent copy of Production.
Scenario 2 - Migrating a Production environment to a new Non-Production environment.
This scenario is used by customers who do not have an existing Non-Production environment or who are looking to setup a new Non- Production environment, including Database and Application Server components.
Migrating your Environment
- If you are currently running MarkView 6.x please follow the instructions in the MarkView 7.0 Installation Guide -> SECTION 4 Appendixes -> Migrating a Production Environment to a Test Environment (Although this is the 7.0 document the migration section does apply to MarkView 6.x customers)
- MarkView Product Documentation
Kofax Product Development Engineering has released a migration utility to help with the migration process. While you can still follow the instructions in the MarkView 7.0 Installation Guide we expect that this new utility will simplify the migration process.
The new migration utility is designed to help with database migrations. This utility needs to be installed in an existing environment (either non-production or production). Once this is installed a new Migration menu option is available from MarkView Home. This option will allow you to enter the host name of the new non-production environment and other fields and will generate a SQL script which can then be run in the new non-production environment.
Scenario 1 - Refreshing an existing Non-Production environment
As you already have a working Application Server for your existing Non-Production environment you simply need to update the Database with the new Non-Production details.
- Follow the instructions in the ReadMe file located in the migration_utility_02_FEB_2012.zip to install the new migration utility and generate an SQL script that can be executed in the new Non-Production database.
Scenario 2 - Creating a new Non-Production environment
As you are setting up a new Non-Production environment you will need to update the Database with the new Non-Production details, and Install the MarkView Application Server components, in your Non-Production Application Server.
- Follow the instructions in the ReadMe file located in the migration_utility.zip to install the new migration utility and generate an SQL script that can be executed in the new Non-Production database.
- Follow the instructions in the 'Manually Deploying TRS' section of the MarkView 7.1 Installation Guide. This will walk you through the steps needed to install the MarkView Datasource and the Target Registry Service Application in your new Non-Production Application Server. These components are required in order for the MarkView Installer to run successfully.
- Run the MarkView Database and Application Server Installer that corresponds to the version of MarkView you are running. Choose the Partial Install Mode if prompted. (Note if you have applied a Service Pack you only need to run the Service Pack Installer, for example if you are running MarkView 7.0.1, you only need to run the MarkView 7.0.1 Database and Application Server Installer)
- Run the Fix Pack Installer to ensure you have the latest hot fixes applied in your environment.