Automatic Actions are not working or are not working as expected, what steps can I take to troubleshoot the issue 4926
- ERP System: Oracle, SAP
- MarkView Version: MarkView 9.0 and Below
Automatic Actions are not working or are not working as expected, what steps can I take to troubleshoot the issue.
- The first step in troubleshooting Automatic Actions is to determine where the issue is. First try to use the Escalate and/or Increase Priority functionality manually from Advisor or from the MarkView Viewer. If there is a problem with a specific item the Viewer may display an error message indicating what the problem is.
- If you are able to successfully Escalate/Increase Priority manually then we will need to investigate the Automatic Actions functionality.
- From MarkView Home navigate to Advisor -> Configuring -> Automatic Actions and confirm the queues and hours you want Automatic Actions to apply to are configured.
- Confirm the ADVSYS MarkView User belongs to the ADVISOR FINANCE MANAGER MarkView Group. The ADVSYS user is the user who is responsible for performing the Automatic Actions. If this user does not have the appropriate privileges then the Automatic Actions will fail.
- Run the test_automatic_escalation.sql or the test_automatic_increase_priority.sql script attached to this Knowledgebase Article. These scripts will prompt for a specific MarkView WorkitemInstanceID and will attempt to escalate or increase priority for that workitem. Please note that these scripts perform a Rollback so the action will not actually take place however if an error occurs the script should output the error message.
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue we will need to enable debug logging in Advisor.
- See the 'Logging' section of the following Support Web Answer to enable debug logging:
- The mvac-analytics-actionable.log file shows the following text when starting Automatic Actions:
- The analytics-markview.log file will show the API calls with the parameters as well as any error messages. Try searching the log file for one of the following: