- ERP System: Oracle, SAP
- MarkView Version: All.
- Unable to assign an alternate user for a user whose employment has been terminated.
- A user’s employment has been terminated, their account has been end-dated in Oracle and there is a need to assign an alternate user to take their place. When attempting to assign an alternate user through the Alternate User Assignment screen, the terminated employee was not listed in the drop-down list.
- The cause is due to the order in which things happened. Oracle prohibits assigning an alternate user to an end-dated Oracle account.
- To prevent this issue occurring, the steps must be performed in the following order:
- Assign an alternate user.
- End-date the user.
- If these actions have already been performed in the reverse order, temporarily reinstate the user, assign an alternate user and then end- date the user.
Keywords: alternate user, alternate, AUA, assignment, terminated, aua, mvaua