What diagnostic steps should I follow and what information should I gather when troubleshooting Alternate User Assignment (AUA) issues?
Article # 304382 - Page views: 116
- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: All
- MarkView includes a utility called Alternate User Assignment (AUA) that allows an employee to assign an alternate user within MarkView as a proxy to process invoices. Assigning an alternate user ensures that invoices continue to move through the workflow and do not become stuck due to an employee’s absence or unavailability.
- This article helps troubleshooting the most common issues related to Alternate User Assignments (AUA)
- If you encounter an issue with Alternate User Assignment (AUA) please check the following steps:
- For General information please review the Approval Options for Alternate Users Section of the MarkView Product Features Guide.
- If the MVT_ALT_USER_CHECK_PERMISSION preference is set to TRUE only users with the same or more Roles and Groups membership can be selected for Alternate User Assignment. Please refer to MarkView All Components - Unable to Select or Set Alternate User.
- If you are still unable to assign an alternate user for a user the please also check the user still active in the ERP; MarkView All Components - Unable to assign an alternate user for a user whose employment has been terminated
- If retrieving an invoice causes an ORA-01422 then check if there are multiple AUA enabled Issues related to a UserID having multiple enabled Alternate User Assignments.
- If the AUA still active the day after the End Date please refer to MarkView All Components - End Dating Alternate User Assignments and the DayTick Event
Keywords: AUA, Alternate, Assignment, ORA-01422, enddating, end dating, mvaua