- ERP System: Oracle, SAP
- MarkView Version: All Connector Versions
When an invoice is processed by Markview Connector, a workitem will be created in the Connector Validation workflow. A number of validations will be run on items in this workflow in order to derive some data and to confirm that the data related to the workitem is correct and complete, before the invoice is actually created in the ERP system. In some cases it is helpful to have debugging information regarding which validation operations were run on a given workitem, what data values they used, and what the validation's result was. This information can be gathered via the following steps:
For Support Tools 8.x and higher
- Open MarkView Home, select the Support menu, and click the Connector Entity Debug Data link to open the tool.
- Enter either the Workitem Instance ID for the Connector Validation item OR the Entity ID for the Connector Entity, and then click Run Query.
- Detailed information about each Connector validation run on the entity will be displayed. Click Save to File in order to save the output.
For Support Tools 7.x and lower
Note: If you are running MarkView 8.x or higher and you have Support Tools 7.x or lower installed, you should upgrade your Support Tools to the appropriate release for your MarkView version! These releases are available via the Quick Links article. Instructions below can be used to generate the Connector validation debug data in releases prior to 8.x.
- Ensure that the
CONNECTOR_DEBUG_MODEpreference is set to TRUE. If this preference is set to
FALSE, no debug logging will be recorded when the validations are run. If the preference is set to TRUE at the time that validations are run on the workitem in question, then it will be possible to obtain debugging information for those validation operations.
- Run a workitem history for the validation workitem and get the value for the EntityID from the WorkItem Properties section.
- Run the following query to gather all debugging information related to the Entity:
SQL> select to_char(i.creation_timestamp, 'mm-dd-yyyy hh24:mi:ss'), o.operation_name, od.sequence_number, od.debug_message, i.structure_id from mvcn_operation_debug od, mvcn_operation_invocation i, mvcn_operation o where i.operation_invocation_id = od.operation_invocation_id and o.operation_id = i.operation_id and i.structure_id in (select structure_id from mvcn_structure connect by prior structure_id=parent_structure_id start with structure_id = (select root_structure_id from mvcn_entity where entity_id=&entityID)) order by od.operation_invocation_id, od.sequence_number;