- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: All
- TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
- All Oracle errors reported in the 12000 range are related to TNS communication between the client application and the database. You should consult your specific Oracle docum configure and troubleshoot the networking products.
- Check that all TNSNAMES.ORA files are properly configured.
- In a command window run "
TNSPING hostname" and look for a valid connection.
- Check the configuration (preferences) for the application to insure a proper DBHost, DBUser and DB Password are specified.
- Use SQL*Plus run from the appropriate ORACLE_HOME and try to connect using the DB connection information that the MarkView product is using.
- You should consult the appropriate documentation for the MarkView product to find out where the DB connection information is kept and configured.
Keywords: TNS, Oracle, SQL*Net, Net8, TCP/IP, ORA-12