How can I create a database export of the MarkView schema on a 10g or later Oracle database for delivery to Kofax?
The attached script "export_markview_schema_design.sql" should be used to generate a data pump export file and related log. When executed as the MarkView schema owner or a DBA, this script will create a design-time data export of the MarkView schema. This export file along with an export log file will be created in the specified Oracle Directory. The script itself will also generate a log (named "create_markview_schema.log") in the working directory where the script is run.
To execute the script
- Log in to SQL*Plus via a command line interface as the MarkView schema owner or DBA. This script will NOT work using the Windows SQL*Plus interface.
- Execute the script and provide the requested information. You will be asked to provide the following:
- The name of the MarkView schema that should be exported.
- The Oracle Directory to which the file should be exported. The database user must have read/write access to the selected directory. A list of available directories will be provided during execution.
- The name of the export file. Make sure the file does not already exist in the provided export directory.
- After execution, check the log files for any errors. You can ignore errors for missing tables; not every MarkView schema has the same components.
When you are satisfied with the export, please provide the following information:
- The name of the MarkView schema that was exported.
- The name of the data and index table spaces from the exported MarkView schema.
- The export dump file, and corresponding export log (located in the selected Oracle Directory).
- The script log generated during export (located in the working directory in which the script was run).
Keywords: schema, export, import, dump, exp, expdp, imp, impdp, data pump