How can I create a database export of the MarkView schema on a 9i or earlier Oracle database for delivery to Kofax?
A MarkView database schema contains both configuration data and transactional data. In order to provide Kofax with an export consisting of only configuration data, you will need to take two (2) separate exports of the MarkView schema. The first export will capture schema metadata (packages, sequences, table structure, etc.). The second export will contain configuration data stored in MarkView tables.
To generate the export files you will need to run Oracle's native export utility, "exp" as the MarkView schema user by following these two instructions:
- First, generate a metadata-only export by running the Oracle's native export utility "exp" as the MarkView schema owner using the attached norows_exp.par file as input. For example:
exp userid=markview/<password> parfile=norows_exp.par
The above command will create an export file named norows_exp.dmp.
- Next, generate an export file containing configuration data. Begin by creating a dynamic PAR file which includes design time table names.
- Log into SQL*Plus as the MarkView schema user and run the attached generate_par.sql file. This SQL script will output a PAR file named design_tables.par which includes the list of tables containing workflow design-time data.
- Use the resulting file design_tables.par as input to the Oracle export utility. For example:
exp userid=markview/<password> parfile=des_data.par
The above command will create an export file named des_data.dmp.
When you are satisfied with the export, please provide the following information:
- The name of the MarkView schema that was exported.
- The name of the data and index table spaces from the exported MarkView schema.
- A compressed archive containing the following export files:
Keywords: schema, export, import, dump, exp, imp