- ERP System: Oracle, Peoplesoft, SAP
- MarkView Version: All Versions
- Workitem(s) may route to the Workflow Administration Queue with an error similar to the following:
ORA-04061: existing state of has been invalidated ORA-04061: existing state of package body "PACKAGE_NAME" has been invalidated ORA-04065: not executed,
- A similar message may also appear in the Express Viewer or other MarkView components.
- This issue can occur when a modification has been made to a package or procedure in the MarkView schema, without the Application Server OC4J/Deployments, and database dbms_jobs being stopped.
- This issue can also occur if there is an invalid object in the MarkView Schema which the workflow code is using.
- In order to prevent this issue from occurring in the future please stop the MarkView Application Server, and dbms_jobs prior to compiling packages in the MarkView Schema. You can then restart afterwards.
- If this issue has already occurred please take the following steps in order to resolve the issue.
- Stop the MarkView Application Server
- Stop the Database dbms_jobs.
- Ensure the package referenced in the error message is valid in the database.
- Start the MarkView Application Server
- Start the Database dbms_jobs.
Note: For customers running Oracle Applications it may be necessary to stop and start Oracle Applications in addition to the MarkView Application Server and dbms_jobs. If workitems contine to go to the Workflow Administration Queue after following the above steps, please stop and start Oracle Applications which should resolve the issue.
- In order to resolve the issue with the workitems in the Workflow Administration Queue.
- You can use the Return to Previous Queue markup to transition workitems back to the Previous Queue.
- The RouteToPreviousFromWFA.sql script attached to this answer can be used to route all workitems in the Workflow Administration Queue back to the previous queue.
Keywords: 04061 existing state packages