- ERP System: Oracle, Peoplesoft, SAP
- MarkView Version: All Versions
- Workitem(s) may route to the Workflow Administration Queue with an error similar to the following:
ORA-04061: existing state of has been invalidated ORA-04061: existing state of package body "PACKAGE_NAME" has been invalidated ORA-04065: not executed,
Example: ORA-04061: existing state of has been invalidated ORA-04061: existing state of package "MARKVIEW.MVL_CONNECTOR_LITE" has been invalidated
NOTE: A similar message may also appear in the Viewer or other MarkView components.
- This issue can occur when a modification has been made to a package or procedure in the MarkView schema, without the Application Server deployments, and database dbms_jobs being stopped.
- This issue can also occur if there is an invalid object in the MarkView schema which the workflow code is using.
- In order to prevent this issue from occurring in the future you must perform the following in this order:
- Stop the MarkView Application Server.
- Stop all dbms_jobs prior to compiling packages in the MarkView schema.
- Start the dbms jobs.
- Start the MarkView Application Server.
- If this issue has already occurred please take the following steps in order to resolve the issue.
- Stop the MarkView Application Server
- Stop the Database dbms_jobs (or bounce the DB fully).
- Start the DB if bounced.
- Ensure the package referenced in the error message is valid in the database.
- Start the MarkView Application Server
- Start the Database dbms_jobs.
Note: For customers running Oracle Applications it may be necessary to stop and start Oracle Applications in addition to the MarkView Application Server and dbms_jobs. If work items continue to go to the Workflow Administration Queue after following the above steps, please stop and start Oracle Applications, which should resolve the issue.
- To resolve the issue with the work items in the Workflow Administration Queue:
- You can use the Return to Previous Queue markup to transition work items back to the Previous Queue.
- The RouteToPreviousFromWFA.sql script attached to this answer can be used to route all workitems in the Workflow Administration Queue back to the previous queue.
Keywords: 04061 existing state packages