- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: 6.3, 6.4
- Is MarkView Certified with Internet Explorer Version 8 (IE 8)?
- At the time some MarkView versions were released IE8 was not released or supported. Kofax has then reviewed the process to enable IE8 on MarkView 6.4 or later.
- In March, 2010 Kofax finalized the plans for support of IE8 with MarkView for SAP and Oracle for MarkView 6.4 (and some MarkView 6.3). Some versions require patches.
MarkView for Oracle:
- MarkView version 6.4 for Oracle (and all versions thereafter) supports IE8. Supported Platform Matrix - MarkView 6.4 for Oracle has been updated to reflect this.
- Please make sure you have installed the required Oracle patches:
- MarkView version 6.3 for Oracle supports IE8 - but requires a MarkView patch. Hot Fix - MarkView Viewers Enterprise Edition HotFix 22.214.171.124336 - Oracle
- MarkView Viewers Enterprise Edition HotFix (Support EE with IE8, including Windows).
MarkView for SAP:
- MarkView version 6.4 for SAP (and all versions thereafter) supports IE8. The Supported Platform Matrix - MarkView 6.4 for SAP has been updated to reflect this.
- MarkView version 6.3 for SAP supports IE8 (since early 2010) - but will require the following MarkView patch Hot Fix - MarkView Viewers Enterprise Edition HotFix 126.96.36.199336 - SAP
- MarkView Viewers Enterprise Edition HotFix - (Support EE with IE8, including Windows 7).
MarkView for PeopleSoft:
- MarkView for PeopleSoft 5.9.x now includes support for IE8 (effective 4/21/2010). Please refer to Steps to enable the MarkView Viewer Enterprise Edition to run with IE8 when running MarkView 5.9.x for PeopleSoft for configuration steps and known issues.
Support for the new IE8 browser architecture requires very specific and significant user interface and middle tier changes to MarkView, which are only available in MarkView version 6.3 (and thereafter) for Oracle and MarkView version 6.4 for SAP and thereafter. The effort
required to re-architect versions prior to these versions is a major undertaking that would impact the rest of the development roadmap – and therefore we are not planning to make such changes.
Also, please note that to use the MarkView Enterprise Edition (EE), you will need to:
- Configure MarkView to use the 1.5 or 1.6 Java Plugin (the MarkView OCX plugin will not work). Note that the Oracle Apps tier will need to use the same Java Plugin.
- Disable the XSS filter in IE 8