- ERP System: Oracle, SAP
- MarkView Version: 6.5 and above
- Kofax Capture 8.0 and above
The following error may be seen when installing the kcec-markview.msi on a Scan Server or Station.
"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"
If you have installed KCEC-MarkView successfully on the Kofax Capture server but installation on a Kofax Capture client is failing, please note that the installer needs access to the file:
<Server> is the server name.
The error can occur if the installer cannot access this file.
- Ensure that you are running the installer as an administrator.
- If you are running on a Windows Vista or higher operating system that allows for the "run as administrator" option, please right click on the "command prompt" in the start-->programs -->Accessories and select run as administrator.
- Then try running the kcec-markview.msi from the comand line using the following command which will create a detailed log file for the installation:
msiexec /i kcec-markview.msi /l install_log.txt
- If that does not work either, please try removing the following registry keys and then re-run the installation
- Please check that nothing is preventing the client accessing the \\<Server>\
CaptureSVshared folder or the ACConfig.xml file.
- Share and NTFS permissions
- Firewalls - including Windows Firewall
- UAC and Windows Firewall are a particular issue if the Kofax Capture Server is running Windows Server 2008.
- If these steps to not help resolve the issue please log a new case with MarkView Support and attach the
install_log.txtfile created above.
Keywords: kcec-markview, export connector, errror, 1722, 1714, installation, failure.