- ERP System: Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft
- MarkView Version: 6.x and above.
- The MarkView Export Server is reporting the following error message in the mvexpress.log file when attempting to send mail messages:
'Message could not be sent to some recipients' .
- This issue may occur when the MarkView Export Server OC4J module is running on an Window O/S machine.
Please conduct the following steps to verify SMTP communication between the machine hosting the MarkView Express OC4J module and the SMTP server.
- Confirm email can be sent via TELNET on the machine hosting the MarkView Express OC4J to the SMTP server. Instructions on how to send email via TELNET can be found using the following link: TELNET Instructions.
- If mail can be sent via TELNET to the SMTP server confirm email can be sent via third party tool such as JavaMail from the following URL. http://www.fullspan.com/proj/jmailsend/.
If a failure occurs the error will spool the entire call stack in the shell process launched from the GUI. This GUI should be run as the user who owns the MarkView Export Server OC4J.
If the error message 'java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: connect... ' is raised in the stack trace from JavaMail it is an indication anti-virus/firewall software is blocking communication with the SMTP server.
If the error message raised in the stack trace is different than the error message noted in item 3, please open a Support Web incident with the stack trace from the JavaMail GUI.
Keywords: msg, failure