- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: 5.x, 6.x
When trying to start the Import Server I am getting the following error:
Could not start the MarkView Import Server (DB1) service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.
What are the possible causes and solutions for this?
Error 1067 usually is caused by some sort of permissions or privileges problem either for the user that starts the service or for the connection that the service tries to make to the database.
- If this problem is encountered for the Import Server, the following possible points should be investigated:
- The Input Directory for the Import Server either does not exist or it refers to a network file share. If this is the case you should ensure that the directory does exist and is on the local computer.
- Verify that the LogOn user that is used to start the service has "Log on as a service" privileges on the computer.
- The user and password given in the Import Server instance's Preferences are valid and "Test DB" button can be used to successfully connect to the database schema.
- Verify that the service is attempting to start the correct Import Server instance. The instance is listed immediately after "mvimport.exe" in the "Path to executable". For example the following refers to the DB1 instance:
C:\Program Files\Kofax MarkView\MarkView Fax Server\mvimport.exe DB1
- If none of the above is the problem, check the Event Viewer's Application log for errors relating to the startup of the service and address any errors that are reported. It is possible for the Preferences to appear to be correctly configured but for the service to fail to use these preferences when attempting to start up. For example, it may attempt to start up without specifying a database user or password, even though these are defined correctly in the Import Server instance's Preferences. If this is the case it will be necessary to delete the Import Server instance by launching the "MV Import Server - Configuration" and create a new one with the same Preferences values, then attempt to start the service.