MarkView Import Server - Leading Space in Volume Path can cause upload errors
Article # 304248 - Page views: 91
- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: All
- When images are uploaded from the import server, error messages of the form below are written to the event log:
Processing of new file:<XML filename> failed while trying to upload C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\<temp file> to http://<server>:<port>/mvasdtm/markview/... The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
- The mvdtm.log file contains corresponding error messages saying:
com.markview.mvas.dtm.fileaccess.FileAccess$FileAccessException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: <Absolute Path to Image file> (No such file or directory)
- When debug logging is turned on for the DTM, messages suggest attempts to upload the image to a path consisting of:
- the path to the OC4J Home
- a space
- the correct path to upload the image determined by the defined volume paths.
DEBUG com.markview.mvas.dtm.fileaccess.FileAccess:238 - FileAccess subclass is FileAccessFileSystem with
path: <Absolute Path to OC4J Home> <Absolute Path to Image file>
- The problem can be caused if the volume path for the UNIX_FS_TO_DOC_SERVER platform is preceded by a space.
Run the query below to confirm whether this is the case:
select '+' || PATH || '+' from mv_volume_path;
- If the volume path for the UNIX_FS_TO_DOC_SERVER platform contains a leading space, remove it by following the steps below:
- From MarkView Home, select Administration -> MarkView Admin
- Click on the Volumes tab
- Click on "Details" next to the relevant volume.
- Click on the "Volume Paths" tab
- Click on "Details" next to the UNIX_FS_TO_DOC_SERVER platform
- Remove the leading space from the "Path" field.
- Click on Save.