MarkView All Components - Installation fails while running mvt_document_history_ps.sql
Article # 304272 - Page views: 75
- ERP System: Oracle, SAP
- MarkView Version: 6.x and up
- MarkView Installer - Installation fails while running mvt_document_history_ps.sql
- When upgrading to a version of MarkView 6.x or higher the following error may occur during installation.
2011-04-20 18:31:18,642 FATAL com.markview.common.db.SqlPlusEmulator Unplanned exception while processing file [/home/oracle/mvdist/installer/modules/d java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object
This error may occur as a result of an existing synonym named mvt_document_history.
- Run the following query from the MarkView Schema.
select * from user_objects where object_name = 'MVT_DOCUMENT_HISTORY' and object_type = 'SYNONYM';
- Restart the Installer which should now succeed.
- Prior to starting the Installer in your next environment drop the synonym which will prevent the Installer from failing midway through.
Keywords: mvt, ps.sql