- ERP System: Oracle
- MarkView Version: 10.2 and lower
- Application Server: WebLogic
- The installation fails. The following error is seen in the FATAL com.markview.installer.Installer Type Error while running installer (or verify or verify_silent.sh scripts) com.markview.installer.InstallerException:
One or more environmental dependencies did not pass. Dependency of type J2EEASDependency for the selected product(s) FAILED with the following exception: The version returned [Temporary] by the JMX call does not have the right format. At least one dot is expected.
This is related to defect 1863724. When the WebLogic version information spans more than a single line, this can cause the installer to fail.
To determine whether this may be the cause of the issue:
- Log into the Web Logic server as the user who runs WebLogic.
- Navigate to the domain directory where MarkView is being deployed.
- Run the following two commands:
- source setDomainEnv.sh
- java weblogic.version
- If the version output spans more than a single line, this is the likely cause.
Use the following java startup setting to suppress the patch information being output: -Dweblogic.log.DisplayPatchInfo=false
Run the installer, which should now no longer encounter this error.
NOTE: Once the installation is complete, the above java startup setting can be removed.
Keywords: jmx, web logic, web-logic