What diagnostic steps should I follow and what information should I gather when there is an issue with MarkView KIC Integration?
Article # 304307 - Page views: 259
- Kofax Import Connector: 2.2 and above
- MarkView 8.0 and above
- KIC integrates with MarkView to allow for importing of invoices, that are emailed into the system. It also allows for polling of a Windows Folder to import documents that are dropped into the folder. Files can be in any of the KIC supported formats (See the KIC Documentation for a list of formats.)
General Troubleshooting Steps:
- Ensure that the two KIC Services are running (KIC - Electronic Documents, and Kofax Message Connector)
- Review the KIC Monitor For any errors.
- Ensure Scale to Letter is enabled for all Destination Configurations.
- Set the MarkView Preference DOCSERVER_IMAGE_SIZE_LIMIT to 0. This removes any limit on the size of the file being exported to MarkView.
- For image quality, ensure you have a VRS license (a separate license that is specific to KIC) which allows VRS image manipulation of the ingested images.
- Ensure you have also set error handling & document conversion to prevent inbound emails with 0 page pdf's from getting through. Refer to the steps in the following article: https://knowledge.kofax.com/MarkView/Troubleshooting/MarkView_Kofax_Capture/Batches_with_0_pages_go_to_Quality_Control_with_error_ORA-20101%3A_This_document_does_not_have_a_cover_page_and_no_Document_Type_is_specified
Log File Location
- File location:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kofax\KIC-ED (Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP)
- C:\ProgramData\Kofax\KIC-ED (Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista and later)
- File name: MC_00X.log and KIC_ED_Connector-0000.log, KIC_ED_Connector-Master.log
Keywords: KIC, MarkView, MV, import connector, import, message connector, email, storage.bin