- ERP System: ( Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft)
- MarkView Version: (All Versions.)
- Mail gateway is reporting the following error:
UNABLE TO RESOLVE IP ADDRESS FOR MAIL SERVER SPECIFIED Proxy is password protected 'Error in initiating conversation with Mail Server' SMTP, Port 25, <mailserver>.domain, UID: <mailgw> Unable to Resolve ip address for mail server specified.
- The mail server (Exchange/SMTP Server) is configured to use security to verify the sender's ip address.
- If the SQL*Flow Mail Gateway machine is not setup in DNS/DHCP, the reverse lookup failed of the SQL*Flow Mail Gateway server ip address fails, and the mail server denies access to SMTP.
You can test this by telnetting to the mail server.
From the command (DOS) prompt:
TYPE: telnet <mailserver> 25
(Normally, the smtp server is configured to listen on port 25)
RESULT: You should receive the mail server message
RESULT: received error message - not authorized to telnet helo
Keywords: exchange-server, smpt