- ERP System: All ERP Systems
- MarkView Version: All Versions
Poor performance when clicking the Get Next button in the Working Folder or Web Inbox.
This can result from slow queries on the sf_pending_user_items / sf_pending_user_queues / sf_pending_function_queues views, which in turn may be due to invalid indexes or inadequate statistics gathering on the underlying objects.
- The first step is to the the GatherPendingStats100Time.sql and GatherNonPendingStats60Time.sql scripts that are attached to the Gathering Statistics article.
- If the above scripts do not resolve the performance issue, use the Trace Get Next page in Support Tools to generate a trace of the Get Next feature, then log a Support case and provide:
- The raw trace file
- The tkprof'ed output of that trace file
Note: Alternatively, the trace may also be generated via these steps:
- Run the attached TraceWebInbox2.sql in the MarkView schema, to create a debug version of the Web Inbox.
- Log into the MarkView Home as a user experiencing slow performance in their Web Inbox.
- Replace the "MVT_MV_Home.Home" in the URL with "TraceWebInbox2" and hit enter. (Example URL http://tsrh01.170systems.com:7777/go...TraceWebInbox2)
- This will mimic the Web Inbox and generate a trace file on the database server. The tips at the bottom of the TraceWebInbox2 page should help you identify where on the database server the trace file will be located.
- Log a support incident ensuring the following data is attached to it:
- The raw trace file.
- The tkprof'ed output of that trace file.
- The HTML file generated by clicking "File - Save As" from the TraceWebInbox2 URL.