- ERP System: Oracle, SAP
- MarkView Version: All Versions
Support of ERP releases, patches, and updates.
- The versions of ERP systems supported for use with MarkView are listed in the relevant MarkView Product Documentation for the version of MarkView installed at your site.
- Periodically, ERP Vendors release a new version of the RDBMS or a patch/point release for an existing version. As an established Oracle, and SAP partner, Kofax has been developing and delivering integrated ERP-based solutions for 15+ years. Through these partnerships, Kofax works closely with ERP vendors to support and certify MarkView software with ERP version updates as quickly as possible.
- In addition, Kofax Technical Support has substantial experience assessing the impact of ERP updates on the MarkView system. In these cases where an ERP update is released, the MarkView support policy is as follows:
- Major Releases
A "Major Release" is defined as a version change at the ERP version level. For Oracle, this would be 11.5.9, 11.5.10, R12, 12.1, etc. For SAP, this would be 4.6c, 4.7, 6.0, etc, as well as any Enhancement Packs, and for PeopleSoft, this would be 8.8, 8.9, 9.0 and changes to PeopleTools versions.
Kofax endeavors to support these Major Releases in a reasonable time frame - taking into account the breadth and depth of system, architectural and functional changes introduced with these Major Releases.
Kofax will not support the ERP Major Release with MarkView upon general availability of the Release. Rather, if Kofax chooses to support the use of MarkView with the Major ERP Releases, this new support will be delivered through one of the following two mechanisms:
- Kofax will certify the significant ERP update on the then current supported or certified versions of the MarkView system.
- Kofax will create an updated version or new release of the MarkView system and certify it to run on the ERP update.
- ERP Updates
Oracle "updates" include any of the following:
- roll up patches (ATGs and RUPs)
- maintenance packs
- family packs
- consolidated update
- R12.1.X -> R12.1.Y
- R12 AP.A -> R12 AP.B
Our experience with these updates shows that they rarely cause problems in the MarkView system. Therefore, we typically support their use with the latest version of MarkView at the time of their general availability.
If an ERP Minor Update does cause a problem, please log an incident with Kofax Technical Support, and we will follow our standard process to resolve the incident - which may include upgrading to the latest version of MarkView
- Major Releases
Note: This excludes beta or early adopter versions of these updates
SAP "updates" include any of the following:
- Support Packs
SAP Support Packs are different from other ERP updates in that they do occasionally introduce new functionality and changes to published APIs. Due to these possible changes, Kofax lists on the CPCM the minimum and maximum Support Pack level that will be supported for a given version of MarkView. As new Support Packs from SAP become generally available, Kofax will target to test and certify these Support Packs within 90 days.
Based on this testing, if there are no changes necessary to support them with MarkView, Kofax will update the CPCM for the appropriate MarkView versions to indicate the new support. If there are changes needed for MarkView, then Kofax will determine the course of action necessary for a customer to be able to run on a supported version of MarkView.
Based on the timing of the testing, this could mean:
- The Support Pack will be supported with the next major version of MarkView
- The Support Pack will be supported with a future service pack or fix pack of MarkView
- Kofax will supply a one-off Hotfix to support the Support Pack
Before applying an update, review the MarkView Release Notes and the Articles within the Support System to search for any known problems (and potential workarounds) with minor updates.
Customers may apply an ERP update into their MarkView environment prior to the release of a certified MarkView version. Furthermore, customers are entitled to support from Kofax Technical Support for any issues related to an ERP update. However, until Kofax releases a certified MarkView version, Kofax Technical Support might not be able to resolve the issue and may inform the customer that resolution will require an upgrade to a certified version of the MarkView system.
In general, customers should note the recommended best practices for applying any patch or update in the MarkView environment and should plan accordingly, as outlined in Kofax Recommendations and Best Practices for Applying Patches, Upgrades, and Updates
In particular, always test any update in a non-production environment before applying the update to a production environment.
While it is always best to search the Knowledgebase for the particular patch/update etc. that you are applying, some of the known issues are listed in this section.
- Please search the Knowledgebase for any Known Issues.
Keywords: policies, fixes