- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: All
- The system administrator would like to display an outage notification message on MarkView Homepage, to inform all users who access MarkView Homepage about a system maintenance plan or outage by replacing the “Welcome to MarkView” message to any other formatted text.
- You can utilize one component in MarkView to display an outage notification or broadcast a message to all MarkView users. We can simply replace the “Welcome to MarkView” message to any other formatted text.
- Go to MarkView Main Menu.
- Select Messages Tab.
- Filter the list on
ComponentName => ‘MVT_MV_HOME’
MessageName => 'HOME_WELCOME'
- Select Message Text Translations Tab -> American "Welcome to MarkView Home" (Or the default language)
- Change the text above to your outage notification message and click save.
- You can use HTML tags in the message to change the look and feel of the displayed message as per the example below.
- Although the text box takes up to 2000 characters, however make sure that the message length doesn't exceed 300 characters including spaces (and including the HTML code if used), otherwise the main page will not load successfully.
<p align=center style='text-align:center'><b><span style='font-size:16.0pt;line-height:115%;color:red'>- Weekend Outage Notification -</span></b></p> Please have a look at the attachment (Sample.docx) to see how the message looks like.
Keywords: outage, notification, homepage