- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: 6.4 and earlier
- The Found New Hardware Wizard appears every time Windows loads, prompting for a driver for the scanner. How can Windows be prevented from launching the Found New Hardware Wizard when the machine is rebooted?
- Under most Windows Operating Systems, excluding Windows NT 4.0, Windows will launch the Found New Hardware Wizard when the system detects a new device.
- The wizard requires an INF file or driver to be installed in order to complete the installation of the device.
- In order to prevent Windows from launching the Found New Hardware Wizard for the scanner upon every reboot, you will need to step through the installation wizard, disabling the scanner.
- Kofax does not require that a driver be installed on the hardware level for any scanner. When the wizard appears, simply choose next through the wizard until the screen with the Finish button is displayed.
- The window should indicate that no driver was found, and that Windows will disable the device. When this is displayed, simply choose Finish.
- The scanner will then appear under Other Devices in the Device Manager, without any further prompting for a driver.