- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: 6.4 and earlier.
- VRS won’t start on a Windows XP machine, even when the VRS icon shows up in the systray, when running VCDemo and MarkView Scan.
- The Advanced button in the scanner setup doesn’t do anything.
- For MarkView Scan:
These problems can be solved by placing the attached file (mvscan32.exe.config) in the same directory as mvscan32.exe.
- For VCDemo:
Unzip the attached files (net_fix.zip) and place them in the following directory:
- Microsoft Windows XP Automatic Update now installs .NET Framework 2.0. Full support for the .NET Framework 2.0 will be included in VRS 4.1.
- The workaround consists of the use of .exe.config files. These files instruct VRS to use the .NET Framework 1.1 for all .NET functions, thus allowing VRS to co-exist with .NET Framework 2.0. A config file for each VRS-related executable must be created in the folder where the executable is located.
Keywords: xp, automatic, windows, .net