Question / Problem:
Due to a product defect (1467544), the MarkView Viewer may not load, maybe slow to load the first time, and/or may show an error, such as:
"Error: [Ext.getBody] document.body does not yet exist"
Additionally - it may only impact IE, and it also may only impact the first time a document is loaded. Refreshing the viewer or attempting to load the document a second time may work fine.
Answer / Solution:
All customers on MarkView 10.1, should first apply Fix Pack 10.1.0.2 (Fix Pack 2), and then deploy the Viewer ear hot fix (attached below as viewer.zip). As always Kofax recommends doing this in Non-Production prior to making any changes to Production, where proper testing can be conducted.
How to Deploy the New Viewer Ear (WebLogic):
- Copy the new viewer.ear in the <markview_installation>/applications directory.
- Open Weblogic Console.
- Click Deployments on the left hand side menu.
- Click Lock and Edit above the Left Hand Side Menu.
- Check the box next to viewer and click delete.
- Click the Install Button.
- Select the new viewer.ear file <markview_installation>/applications/viewer.ear.
- Click Next. Accept all defaults for each screen except the application name. This should be set to Viewer.
- Once finished, a message indicating the deployment was successful should appear.
- Click the Activate Changes button on the left hand side.
- Click the Control Tab.
- Check the box next to Viewer and select Start -> Servicing all requests. The Viewer should go to active state.
- Restart the application server.
How to Deploy the New Viewer Ear (JBOSS/WildFly):
- Confirm the new viewer.ear is present in the deployment folder.
- Delete the existing viewer deployment through the Jboss console
- Ensure the standalone config file is configured for deployment "scanning"
- Copy the new ear file to the deployment source folder. The "scanning" should automatically deploy the new ear.
How to Verify if the New Viewer Ear is Deployed:
- Open the MarkView Viewer.
- Right-click on the page and select Inspect element in the menu or press the F12 button (The Developer Tools window appears).
- Open the DOM Explorer tab.
- Locate the script tag with id set to the "microloader". It should be right under the body tag. Example:
- If you do not see such the script tag in the body, please, verify the header tag. If it is in the header tag, the new viewer.ear is not deployed.
|MarkView for Oracle||10.1.0.2|