- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: 7.x and later
- Unable to remove the Blackout Action placed by other members of the Confidential Group.
- MarkView Profiles are used to define the MarkView functionality available to users with different Oracle Responsibilities. One of the default AUSS Profiles is the Confidential Profile. The Confidential Profile is responsible for allowing users placing redaction annotations (blackout/whiteout) over sensitive data on document images to prevent users (not associated with this profile) from seeing that portion of the image.
- By default only the user who placed the blackout Action is able to remove it. This could lead to a scenario in which other members of the Confidential group are unable to hide the Blackout Actions when the user that placed the Action is not available.
- To allow any member of the Confidential group to be able to hide the blackout action set the 'Tool Privilege Authorizations' on the Confidential group as described below.
- Log into MarkView as Administrator
- On MarkView Home -> Administration ->User Groups; then filter by Confidential, and click details.
- Then click on the 'Tool Privilege Authorizations' tab and add each document type that you want them to be able to hide the Blackout Action for, and grant Administrator rights.
- Please do not select 'ALL' as the Document Type. Doing so will not affect the tool authorization for any documents.
- i.e. Add the following:
- Document Type: PO INVOICE
- Tool Name: Blackout
- Rights: Administrator
- The change above will allow members of the Confidential group to Hide the Blackout actions placed by other members of the Confidential Group on PO Invoices.
- The process will need to be repeated to for each document type you wish to grant the same access.
Keywords: Black, Black out, Confidential, White, White out