MarkView Viewer - MarkView Enterprise Edition and MarkView Express Viewer window does not refresh
Article # 304518 - Page views: 101
- ERP System : Oracle Applications
- MarkView Version: 5.10 and higher
- When an end user views a document image via MarkView Express or MarkView Enterprise Edition from Oracle Applications for the first time the document image is displayed correctly. If the end user leaves the viewer window open and the Show Document button is selected from Oracle Applications for a new record the document image in the viewer window will not refresh with the new document image.
- This issue has been reported after the installation of JRE 1.6.0_11 on client machines. This issue appears to related to Java Bug 6830676, which has been fixed in 1.6.0_14.
Starting with Java 6 update 12, AppletContext.showDocument(URL u, String target) does not work in IE 7 if "target" refers to a window that is already open.
No exception is thrown in the console, but the window referred to by "target" does not load the given URL.
Details are here:
- This issue has also been reported after a change in browser settings on client machines. In some cases, the "Navigate Sub-Frames Across Different Domains" browser setting was disabled, which caused this behavior..
- Please upgrade the JRE on the client machine to JRE 1.6.0_14 and confirm if the issue still persists.
- For users who exclusively use the Express Viewer, check to ensure "Navigate Sub-Frames Across Different Domains" is enabled as follows:
- Confirm if "Navigate Sub-Frames Across Different Domains" has been set to "Disabled" under Internet Options ¦ Advanced.
- Under Internet Explorer, click Tools ¦ Options ¦ Security (tab).
- Select Trusted Sites.
- Click Custom Level.
- Under Miscellaenous, set "Navigate Sub-Frames Across Different Domains" to "Enabled".
- Repeat Steps 1-5 for all (Trusted Sites, Internet, Local Intranet).
Keywords: JRE, MVEE, 1.6.0, 1.6.0_12, control window