Question / Problem:
After upgrading to MarkView 10.x, some users may notice a reduction in the quality of the images being displayed in the MarkView Viewer when using the Internet Explorer browser.
Answer / Solution:
High resolution images can appear to have poorer quality in the MarkView Viewer when the browser being used is IE. This has been investigated, and the issue is outside of MarkView, and specific to IE using older, non-optimized scaling APIs, particularly when zooming in/out. Unfortunately, IE's use these old APIs are outside the control of Kofax.
However, to mitigate the impact of this IE issue on MarkView users, you can take the following steps:
- Ensure that all users have a default zoom of FIT TO WIDTH instead of FIT TO WINDOW.
- Click on the User Menu - Settings (the person icon on the top right of the MarkView Viewer), and set the Default Image Zoom to FIT TO WIDTH.
- The attached set_default_zoom_for_all_users.sql can be used to st the default zoom to FIT TO WIDTH for all current users.
- Ensure KIC is correctly configured to scale inbound images at ingestion time.
- In KIC open KC Administration > Electronic Documents > Configuration > Select the email account from the bottom > Click Edit Destination > Import Settings > Change the (Scale To) value from Disabled to Letter then restart the KIC services.
- See full KIC configuration recommendations here.
- Alternatively - have users use a non-IE browser such as Chrome, as the scaling APIs used in Chrome are up to date, and do not cause image quality degradation.
|MarkView for Oracle||10.x|