Whenever attempting to view documents in MVEE, Java wants to download each time even though it is already installed. 4864
- ERP System: Oracle, SAP
- MarkView Version: 6.5
- Whenever attempting to view documents in MVEE, the user gets stuck in a process loop whereby Java wants to download each time, even though it is already installed.
The exact sequence of events is:
- User clicks on Show Document to invoke Enterprise Viewer
- The control window opens, followed shortly after by the appearance of the following message in the control window: "This website wants to install the following add-on: 'Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6.0 Update 16' from 'Sun Microsystems, Inc.'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to install it, click here...."
- When the user elects to install this add-on, the standard "Internet Explorer - Security Warning" message box appears with the message "Do you want to install this software?"
- If the user clicks on "Don't install" the process finishes and the viewer is not started. If the user clicks on "Install", the Java setup box appears containing the message "This software has already been installed on you computer. Would you like to reinstall it?"
- If the user clicks on "No", the process finishes and the viewer is not started. If the user clicks on "Yes", Java setup will attempt to uninstall Java (and asks to close iexplore.exe if appropriate). This results in MarkView closing, so even after Java is installed, the viewer is not started.
- It is likely that the preference WEBCLNT_JAVA_PLUGIN_CLASS_ID is incorrectly set. This may be as a result of applying a change/patch/hotfix or resetting the preference to the default value.
- Change the preference WEBCLNT_JAVA_PLUGIN_CLASS_ID to match the version of Java required.
- For example, to intruct Internet Explorer to use the latest installed version of Plug-in, the value for preference WEBCLNT_JAVA_PLUGIN_CLASS_ID would be: CLSID:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9- 00805F499D93.
- To specify a particular Java Plug-in version, use the preference value CLSID:CAFEEFAC-xxxx-yyyy-zzzz- ABCDEFFEDCBA where xxxx-yyyy-zzzz denotes the Plug-in version. For example, to specify the use of Java Plug-in 1.6.0, the preference setting would be: CLSID:CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0000- ABCDEFFEDCBA.
- The associated preference WEBCLNT_PLUGIN_TYPE (MarkView or Java) should be set to Java.
For general Enterprise Viewer troubleshooting steps, please review:
Keywords: WEBCLNT_JAVA_PLUGIN_CLASS_ID, CLSID:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93, Java, install loop, unable to view image in MVEE