- ERP System: Oracle, SAP
- MarkView Version: 6.5 and earlier.
- When attempting to view MarkView images, the following error is encountered
- Encountered an internal exception error (null pointer) while accessing the MarkView database.
- An expired SSL certificate is a known possible cause. To confirm the exact cause of the behavior, take the following steps:
- Enable MarkView Viewer Enterprise Edition logging.
- Reproduce the error.
- Examine the log file.
To enable MarkView Enterprise Edition logging, refer to the related article below
After reproducing the behavior, check the MarkView Enterprise Edition Viewer log file for an entry similar to the following:
Caught exception javax.net.ssl.SSLException: untrusted server cert chain in ImageReader(), retries=2
- If the log file contains this error (or a similar one), the server SSL certificate has expired in which case it must be renewed. For details, contact your certifying authority.
Popular certifying authorities include the following:
Keywords: viewer, MarkView Enterprise Edition Viewer, MVVEE, SSL, null pointer, certificates, expired