- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: All
- After approving a number of invoices (normally between 10 and 20) the remaining invoices disappear from the Web Inbox, and re-appear on the following day.
- Some users do not have the Next and Previous buttons available when they view a work item from the Web Inbox. They have multiple invoices in their inbox, but when they view the image, the Viewer may indicate "Invoice 1 of 1" and the Next and Previous buttons are grayed out.
- When approving invoices 1 at a time, the following message may appear across the top of the page:
mvt_web_display_ul.GetMainDataRecords : ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small.
- This behavior may be caused by a user having too many records in a single Web Inbox page - such as 100 or more.
The resolution is to set a lower limit on the number of records displayed per page in a User's Web Inbox.
The MVT_WEB_RECS_PER_PAGE preference can be used to limit the number of items per page in the Web Inbox.
If the user were to set a value of 10 or 20, they will be able to page through the first 10 or 20 records and then go back to their Inbox to process the next set of records. Setting the number of records displayed per page may also help the remote user's performance as the system will not be retrieving as much data per call.
Once the MVT_WEB_RECS_PER_PAGE preference is set to an appropriate value, the issue will no longer occur. The MVT_WEB_RECS_PER_PAGE preference can be set at User or System level; as the issue is likely to only affect a very limited number of users it is recommended to set the preference at User level.
- Please add the MVT_WEB_RECS_PER_PAGE preference at User level to each of the affected users.
- On MarkView Home -> Administration -> MarkView Admin -> Details (next to the User ID) -> User Preference (tab)
- Then add the MVT_WEB_RECS_PER_PAGE preference and set the value to the number of items you wish the page to display – i.e. 20.