MarkView Workflow – Business Controls message: Someone with permission to validate business control exceptions must process this document. If you have the permission; please click the Get Next button on the invoice workbench in Oracle Applications.
Article # 304571 - Page views: 88
- ERP System: All
- MarkView Version: All
- User gets the following message when attempting to approve an invoice.
Someone with permission to validate business control exceptions must process this document. If you have the permission, please click the Get Next button on the invoice workbench in Oracle Applications.
- An item is on the 'Invoice Entry Review' queue; and cannot be approved.
- A user has attempted an action that has violated the "Invoice entry user should not equal supplier entry user" Business Control. This is one of the five Business Controls that can be enforced by MarkView. All five Business Controls are described in the MarkView Administration Guide, Chapter 3 - Maintaining Organizations, "Setting Business Controls".
A user who is a member of the 'AP INVOICE ENTRY REVIEW' Group and Role needs to approve the invoice. This user will also be subject to the same Business Controls.
- Identify a user who is a member of the AP INVOICE ENTRY REVIEW Group and the AP INVOICE ENTRY REVIEW Role. This user must not be the same user that has created the vendor record in the ERP, or who has most recently updated that record. If necessary, re- assign the item to a different member of the AP INVOICE ENTRY REVIEW Group/Role using the MarkView Viewer or Advisor.
- The Review user should then use the Get Next button to retrieve the item from Invoice Entry Review queue.
- The Review user can then accept the invoice by placing Review Complete, or reject the invoice by placing Cancelled Invoice.
Keywords: Business Controls, permission to validate, Invoice Entry Review,AP INVOICE ENTRY REVIEW