Question / Problem:
How to configure Kofax Mobile Capture App to connect to a Kofax Front Office Server (KFS) Server
Answer / Solution:
Before the Kofax Mobile Capture App can connect to a KFS server, it must be provided with the server and login information via the Settings page.
To configure the KMC App to connect to a KFS Server:
- Set the Kofax Server toggle to Off
- In the Hostname field, enter the hostname, IP Address, or Fully Qualified Domain Name of the KFS server
If connecting via HTTPS, the value entered into the Hostname field must match the Common Name (CN) value in the server SSL certificate's subject line.
- In the Server Type field, select
Kofax Front Office Server
- Set the SSL toggle to On if the KFS server requires an HTTPS connection
The Kofax Mobile Capture App requires the use of a Certificate Authority-signed SSL Certificate on the server. If the KFS server is using a Self-Signed SSL certificate, the KMC App will reject the certificate and refuse to connect via HTTPS.
- Do not change the Port field value unless the KFS server requires a connection on a non-standard port.
- Leave the URL field blank unless the KFS server requires a non-standard URL path.
- Leave the Anonymous toggle set to Off unless instructed otherwise by the KFS administrator
- In the Domain field, enter the domain portion of the UserID (if using an ActiveDirectory UserID)
- In the Username field, enter the Username portion of the UserID
- In the Password field, enter the password associated with the user account
- In the Email address field, enter the email address associated with the user account
- Click Login