What is the process of hiding a field in AP Essentials?
When verifying documents from a particular supplier, sometimes there are fields that are rarely or never included on the document. To alleviate the repetitiveness of clearing unused fields and to prevent AP Essentials from searching for a non-existent value (and possibly throwing a validation error), these unused fields can be hidden.
Field visibility settings are saved per supplier. Therefore, the buyer and supplier fields must be set before changing the visibility of any field
- Confirm the correct Buyer and Supplier are set
- Navigate to the field in question and delete any data currently in the field
- Complete the field (make it green) by pressing Tab or Enter
- Now the field can be hidden
Hiding a field
- Click the "blue eye" icon while verifying an invoice. Visibility icons appear to the left of each field.
- No "blue eye" icon - indicates that you cannot hide the field because it is not complete and not empty, or the field setting does not allow an empty value.
- A "blue eye" icon - indicates that the field will be visible the next time you verify an invoice from the current supplier.
- A "blue eye" icon with a strike through it - indicates that the field will be hidden the next time you verify an invoice from the current supplier.
- Click the icon of the field you want to hide.
- Click OK in the dialog that appears to confirm that you want to hide the field.
Level of Complexity
Toggling Field Visibility
The Field view