By default, INVOICES is not configured to interpret asterisks as other characters, although it can be configured to do so with the following procedure.
Warning: This method also changes how asterisks appear in the transfer file. To reverse this, a VBA routine must be implemented on an event, such as a Transfer or verification action, that will change the new character back to an asterisk.
- Within a text editor, open Ehcharset.ini.
- Locate the section that pertains to the language, such as English, that is being used.
- Make a note of the code page number on the last line of the language section, which will appear similar to the following example:
- Go to the [drive]:\Program Files (x86)\ReadSoft\INVOICES\Bin folder, and open the Ehcharmap50.par file in a text editor.
- Locate the two sections that match the code page number found in step 3. For example:
- In each of the sections, change the line *=42 to *=<code>, where <code> is the ASCII code for the character to display in place of an asterisk. For example, to replace asterisks with the plus sign (+), represented by ASCII code 43, type the following:
- Save and then close the file.