To change an encrypted database password in INVOICES, do the following:
- Open the eiglobal.ini in a text editor. The eiglobal.ini file is typically in the [drive]:\Users\Public\ReadSoft\INVOICES folder.
- In the [Database] section, do the following:
- Delete the value in the EncryptedPassword field.
- Type 0 (zero) in the UseEncryptedPassword field.
- Type the new password in the Password field.
- Save the changes to the eiglobal.ini file, and then verify INVOICES is able to connect to the database using the new credentials.
- Return to the eiglobal.ini file, type 1 (one) in the UseEncryptedPassword field, and then save the changes.