INVOICES can be run on a multiprocessor server; however, by default it is unaware of the number of processors available, so no performance increase will occur.
The application can be configured to utilize multiple Interpret instances in parallel, which can be allocated by the operating system to different CPUs. By using this configuration, the processing power of multiple CPUs is used, and the speed of invoice processing will be increased.
Note: A FLEXlm license is required to utilize multiple instances of Interpret.
To configure INVOICES to utilize multiple instances of Interpret on a multiprocessor server, do the following:
- Do one of the following:
- If running INVOICES 5.6.x or lower, proceed to step 2.
- If running INVOICES 5.7.x or higher, skip to step 5.
- Open the Eiglobal.ini file in a text editor.
- Go to the [Interpret] section, and then set the UseMultiltrps parameter to 1.
- Save, and then close the Eiglobal.ini file.
- Open the Eilocal.ini file in a text editor.
- Go to the [ServiceInterpret] section, and then set the NumberofInstances parameter value to the desired number of Interpret instances.
Note: Due to hardware factors such as cache memory handling and the internal bus, performance does not linearly scale as Interpret instances are added. Additionally, administrators must ensure that sufficient memory for each instance of Interpret is available on the server.
- Save, and then close the Eilocal.ini file.